Emotional Control/Impulse Control
Student will improve in her ability to use coping methods (e.g. breathe slowly and deeply, relax tense body areas, and ask calmly to be by herself) when upset from 13% of the time to 75% of the time as measured by frequency count by June 2020.
- Work with student to identify strategy to help regain/prevent loss of control
- Identify a cue to use when student needs to use the strategy
- Practice the strategy in simulated or calm situations
- Reinforce when used when needed
|Student will improve his appropriate classroom behavior from 18 to 23 points five days in a row as measured by a daily Check In-Check Out chart by April, 2020.
- Student's daily goal for first week will be 18 points. After 5 consecutive days of achieving 18 points, can cash in for chosen reward. Goal then increases to 20.
- Student will check in with trusted adult in homeroom class each morning to discuss behaviors of focus and the goal for the day.
- At the end of each period, student will check out briefly with the teacher to agree on a point total in each behavioral area on chart.
- Student will check out with same trusted adult in the afternoon to review day.